Compliance

EU compliance required text: "This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse." Visiting this site implies consent with EU cookie laws.

Iceland!


Iceland !, originally uploaded by blue eyes.

Iceland Eyes is a finalist in the 2008 Weblog Awards in the Best European Blog category! I just found out today and voting ends tomorrow, so cast your vote HERE for your favorite Icelandic Photo blog, Iceland Eyes!!

And thanks to whoever nominated me...what an amazing compliment! Of course, it's all about you, faithful readers...big thanks for all the support you've given me over the past four years!!

On a more important note, my prayers are with those suffering in the Gaza region. This blog has stayed intentionally politically neutral over the years, but in this case I think it's important to keep in perspective that there are innumerable events and situations the world over that need to have the light of global awareness shined upon them. A blog contest may seem frivolous in comparison, but the fact of blogs is that they have given voice to millions, and have helped to engage the shift of consciousness that we are all, as world citizens, now experiencing.

We are all in this together...there is no separation.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations! You're blog is really good. I hope you win!

Andy said...

'twas I - good luck!

http://2008.weblogawards.org/nominations/best-european-blog/

From the voting, it looks like this isn't going to be your year. But you're on people's radars now, so who knows what the future holds?

Iceland Eyes said...

Ok, cool Andy, Thanks! Yeah, when I voted I was in last place. I guess if I'd have known about it (did I miss something, an email or comment or something?) I would have started "campaigning" earlier ;-)

But the compliment is taken, and I'm proud to have been given the good nod!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Maria. Im a reporter for "O Globo" newspaper (our website is www.oglobo.com.br), in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). Im working on an artycle about the crisis in Iceland from the young people point of view. I need to interview bloggers around the ages of 16 to 21 years old that could talk about how the crisis affected their lives.... Would you help me find these young Icelanders? Please, writte to me (my e-mail is william@oglobo.com.br). Thanks a lot!!! William

Iceland Eyes said...

Hi William. For a start, read Iceland Says ( www.icelandsays.blogspot.com )for over seventy posts written by college age students of mine. You are more than welcome to quote passages with source references, of course. If you'd like to take an interview, let me know...I've got 150 students 16 and over, some of whom might enjoy it!

Viszlát Sjáumst said...

Congratulations! Well deserved recognition... for whatever it's worth, this site is a regular stop for me.

I'm with you on this one.

Graham Jones said...

Hi Maria,
Happy New Year and all the best in 2009!

I just submitted my vote...just in the nick of time. You are no longer in last place.


Wow! Great photo of your Island...how did you get all the way up there to get the shot? lol

Glad to hear Icelanders are weathering the storm.

Gerald (SK14) said...

Well I only just found this now but if it is any consolation, I'd never even heard of any of the other nominated blogs. I got nominated for the Manchester blog awards and got beaten by a bus blog.

plexasys said...

Wow! Great photo of your Island...how did you get all the way up there to get the shot?
<a href="http://www.plexasys.com>plexasys</a>