Compliance

EU compliance required text: "This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse." Visiting this site implies consent with EU cookie laws.

2012


It's nearly as hard starting again as it was saying goodbye to this site (which I did in late October as per the post below) but not because I don't want to! I've definitely been itching to snap pictures and share them for the past two months, but after such a dramatic exit, isn't it a little disingenuous to just slip back in the door as if nothing really happened?

I'm glad I stepped away, though, if just for some perspective. Without getting too deep, why we do the things we do really is as important as what we are doing, and ultimately this baby-of-mine makes me happy, especially because I'm able to share it with all of you.

So Happy New Year to you all from beautiful, frozen Reykjavik! Let's make this year, so loaded with mythological (and for some cultural) significance, one of humanitarian significance as well. Take best care of yourselves and glow with health and love...the rest will easily follow.

P.s. I didn't have a super fantastic photo to post tonight, so chose a picture I took in our backyard just to post something! It's colorful anyway, and has that ubiquitous corrugated iron Reykjavik is so renowned for. More better stuff soon, camera gods willing!

Have you tried Dynamic Viewing yet? Five new views in all. Use the blue tab at the top of the view page to check them all out : )

9 comments:

Matthew M said...

Glad to see you're back.

Professor Batty said...

Oh happy day!

You don't need a reason (or justification) for posting or not posting. And your snowy backyard is wonderful, compared to my dirty brown one. Anything you post is exotic to these eyes!

Jim Miller said...

Welcome back. We missed your words and images.

Valerie said...

Welcome back! I consider this a New Years present!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

Viszlát Sjáumst said...

Woohoo! Þetta er dásamlegt fréttir!

I've missed Iceland Eyes so much I took to streaming "Rás 2" and listening all day. Welcome back and thank you!

All the best to you and your family in 2012.

Gleðileg Nýtt Ár :)

Iceland Eyes said...

Hahaha... Well, I'm sure you can find room in your life for both now, can't you, VS? ; )

Thanks you all. I'm really glad to be back as well ~.~

Anonymous said...

What a happy surprise!

Thank you for letting your light shine on us again! :)

Stina said...

What a lovely treat to see you're back posting! It's put a big smile on my face. Happy new year.