Compliance

EU compliance required text: "This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse." Visiting this site implies consent with EU cookie laws.

Choir

It's that season again, when choirs of children sing angelic songs at Sunday services and Advent candleabras grace windows across the country. Strings of Christmas lights are twined through bare tree branches and thousands of tiny lit bulbs outline houses, making the long darkness of winter more tolerable.

Right now, at 9 a.m., it's nighttime black outside, with a few hours left to go. I like the coziness of the dark days, personally, but I thank the stars for sweet holiday music, warm scarves and the wonder that is electricity!

2 comments:

Viszlát Sjáumst said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Viszlát Sjáumst said...

I'm glad to hear you enjoy the long winter nights in Icelend. I was there in early April on my trip and it was already light until almost 10 p.m., so I didn't get to witness the odd darkness. Well, odd to us southerners in New England, I suppose. I hope to experience it, myself.

Thanks for the comments on my site. Glad to be aboard...

Just one request, if you happen to read any further - fyrirgefðu mín frönsku !

(hope that translates properly)