Compliance

EU compliance required text: "This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse." Visiting this site implies consent with EU cookie laws.

Tight

See if you can figure out what happened moments after this picture was taken...

If you answered, "the muscled-up SUV with the hyper-inflated tires can't make it past the two cars left jutting out at irresponsible angles by Icelanders who can't, or can't be bothered to, parallel park and it's a one way street, as are all of the side streets (going in the wrong direction) the SUV has already passed, and the driver wouldn't be able to back up anyway because there are at least seven cars in line behing him," you'd have answered correctly. By sheer luck of timing the owner of the silver car showed up before road rage made a mess of everyone's easy Sunday afternoon.

And the owner of the black car? I wouldn't be surprised to find out that his vehicle got a bit bumped that day as, even with the other car gone, the ferry of over-bloated highland adventure jeeps and vans that just had to drive that particular quaint street that day still had a hard time getting past the blockage.

Just another simple scene from the pretty little city of Reykjavik!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The truth is that it is a very usual way to park in Iceland. Sometimes you can see a full street with all the cars park in that way when the park direction is another.

His Girl Friday said...

Hi, I came over from Yolanda's place! I've never been to Iceland so I thought I'd take her recommended 'armchair' tour!! I thought the photo and story were funny...I can relate as I've sometimes had to drive my hubby's big work truck onto very crowded/narrow streets!! :)
Cheers!

Gerald (SK14) said...

parking problems and road-rage - yes a universal phenomenon!

-K- said...

I have to say that I'm a little surprised that parking like that is common. As for the ridiculously over-sized cars, that, for some reason I just cannot understand, is everywhere, certainly in Los Angeles.