Compliance

EU compliance required text: "This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse." Visiting this site implies consent with EU cookie laws.

Pink

With all the words floating about in the ether, both spoken and written, words that inform, report, damage, debate, judge, describe, as well as those that thankfully admire, respect and heal, I think there is simply nothing much more to communicate than what this bloom signifies.

In the words of Tolle, "Flowers, more fleeting, more ethereal, and more delicate than the plants out of which they emerge...[are like] messengers from another realm, like a bridge between the world of physical forms and the formless." 

Beyond language, beyond society and petty things, beyond even the human capacity to create, and recreate, a simple blossom says it all.

7 comments:

Fred Miller said...

Yes, words are so often abused or simply used for the most mundane of tasks. They can connect us to the sublime, but sometimes a flower works better.

Iceland Eyes said...

Thank you both for your comments.

To admin: your own blog is very lovely! I wrote my masters thesis on Robert Graves' The White Goddess, which gives a (very) detailed account of the history of the Ogham alphabet and of the poetic/religious language of the ancient West as it derived from the language of plants, and specifically trees. Beautiful work on your part!

To fredwrite: Good to know you are still perusing my humble blog after all these years ; ) And, of course, reading your words is always a pleasure.

Fred Miller said...

Thank you, Maria. It will take me many years to get to Iceland, but I hope you will be there.

Art said...

Hey Maria... I'm loving your blog. Iceland has been my favorite country since when I was 10, and now I'm 16... I've never been to Iceland before because I'm too far away from there (I'm brazilian)... In the past years, I've been studying a lot of Iceland's places, tourism, culture... It's amazing, my mom sometimes calls me crazy because I often seem to know more about Iceland than my own country, Brazil, hahaha...

You're such a great photographer. I feel lots of emotions such as freedom when I look at your pictures, since Iceland is one of my biggest dreams ever...

I found out about your blog today and I've already saved it on my favorites. I'll keep coming back here!

See yah!

That way... said...

hey!


I've just been through your beautiful blog! you've got some amazing words and photos! I am kind of fond of iceland lately and I have to addmit that the idea of living there sounds like totally different and exciting from the one I'm having here, so I would be enormously excited if we could exchange some opinions and thought via instant or mail! thanks a lot!

Iceland Eyes said...

I hope you all make it here as soon as possible! : )

For iris and art: Thank you both for writing! If you haven´´t already, you should find groups on facebook for fans and lovers of Iceland, for example, there´s one called I (heart) Iceland. There you can find people to chat with, etc.
I´ve left facebook, gone retro, but there are a few good groups that you can play around with.

Kevin Trammel said...

Maria, Thank you for your nice comments about my own blog. Means a lot coming from you because of your good work on Iceland Eyes. Interesting that we share the interest in Ogham -- maybe because we both value mother nature's honest ways and gracious lessons, and Ogham, whose script must have come from a deep love of trees and seeing them as embodying sacred energies, perpetuates the wholeness of living in the world thankfully and respectfully. -Kevin