Compliance

EU compliance required text: "This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse." Visiting this site implies consent with EU cookie laws.

Color

If you've been following Iceland Eyes for a while, you'll know that seeing our island macro-style is one of my passions. Here's some wonderful color to help you start your new June week

Beauty often displays in hidden places...
 

It's amazing what the inside of a classic tulip has to offer ~.~

4 comments:

Jono said...

I am curious about the equipment you have been using for these shots. Could I get you to mention it? You have always had a good eye, but my curiosity gets the better of me.

Iceland Eyes said...

Thanks, Juno!

I've only ever used a digital compact. Up until 2007 I used a Canon Ixus 3.2mp, then later an Ixus 8mp. I gave up on Canon because of a known lens-retraction problem and now have a pink colored Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS11, 14mp, which I'm very happy with. I tried out quite a few cameras before choosing this one, and the biggest issue I ran into over and over was excessive noise on even the best settings. The Lumix has gotten great reviews based on the clarity of its images.

I just use the macro zoom feature. I've got it set for high quality (4:3 10mp, ISO 80, auto white balance) I never use flash or change the camera setting, and only maybe boost the exposure and saturation a bit in iPhoto. Very simple process :) I like to point the camera at colorful things, which really registers well digitally.

Viszlát Sjáumst said...

Lovely pics! Let me guess - these were taken just outside of Cafe Loki across from Hallgrímskirkja?

If not, they could have been... I had lunch there on Sunday afternoon and there were three or four big pots just like this out amongst the patio tables.

I just returned home from Reykjavík yesterday (Monday) after arriving last Thursday. What weather! I was quite lucky as it was rainy and miserable here in Boston the entire time.

Had a great time - can't wait to return. I am definitely hooked!

Iceland Eyes said...

Yep, Viszlát, you are correct! These flowers are ust outside of Cafe Loki, which we pass by almost every day : ) Glad you had a great trip!